In this position, the Business Development Manager is responsible for delivering new customers from their network in Supply Chains, FMCG, Retail, Automotive, 3PL, Pharma and Chemical. You must leverage the nations consumer activism to develop material handlings solutions made from post-consumer material. You must possess strong conceptual selling skills to bring new innovative supply chain ideas to the boardroom of the country’s largest companies. You must be able to leverage the consumers demand to reuse plastic packaging in their supply chain as a way enhance their brand. This requires a thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and that of our competitors.
- Partner with industries largest retailers to develop post-consumer packaging for their supply chain shipping platforms.
- Qualify industry leaders to design innovative solutions for their last mile delivery challenges.
- Collaborate with large FMCG companies to address the consumers demand to utilize post-consumer packaging in their downstream logistics.
- Utilize our R&D expertise to develop new material handling solutions.
- Manage current customers thru product innovation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Miller Heiman Sales Experience a plus.
- Fluent in English, speech and writing. Spanish a plus.
- Strong conceptual selling skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to coordinate projects with large companies, involving project manager, production, sales and finance departments.
- Flexibility - the ability to live and act in a climate of change; handle stress and demands in a calm thoughtful manner with the ability to prioritize.
- Initiative and responsibility - willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipate changes.
- 30-50% travel required. 1-2 trips to our international locations may be required.
Education and Experience:
- 4 years college degree.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in supply chain sales highly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience selling pallets to manufactures a must (i.e. Automotive, food processing, pharma, chemical, 3PL, packaging, retail, general mfg.).
- Experience in working with multinational companies.