Published: March 9, 2023
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
We are looking for a COO to be the right-hand person to our CEO. Our COO should have strong leadership skills and the ability to approach Business/IT with a creative point of view.
The COO will lead teams of professionals to be efficient, productive, and effective.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience within our industry, preferably having worked their way up to an executive role. We believe this trajectory helps a person develop a unique mix of business and management expertise, plus proficiency with the practices, policies, and procedures of our industry.
Objectives of the Role
- Collaborate with CEO in setting and driving organizational vision, operations strategy, and hiring levels.
- Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth, implementing organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operations planning.
- Oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members can thrive and that organizational goals are met.
- Ensure effective recruiting, onboarding, professional development, performance management, and retention.
- Set up the company's recruitment standards.
- Review the marketing efforts and outputs.
- Optimize business workflows for greater productivity.
- Performance & KPI management.
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas for process enhancement.
- Implement business strategies and plans that align with the short- and long-term objectives developed in tandem with CEO.
- Meet with and report to the CEO about the company’s daily operation, as well as about the CEO’s plans for any upcoming adjustments or developments to business operations strategy, or other company goals and objectives.
- Oversee Software Development, QA, and Operations and partner with CEO in sales management so that sufficient investment capital can be budgeted for near-term growth targets.
- Manage capital investments and expenses aggressively to ensure that the company achieves financial targets for growth and profitability.
- Develop and implement policies for daily operations and communicate these policy changes to department supervisors.
- Ensure alignment with current company policies and goals, including those that the COO creates themselves, as well as those developed by the CEO and other executives.
- Monitor performance with tracking software and take corrective measures when necessary and prepare detailed updates and forecasts.
- Build and maintain trusting relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of proven experience in executive IT leadership roles.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or industry-relevant equivalent.
- Deep understanding and expertise in Software Development / Testing / Tech Support.
- Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity.
- Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
- Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential issues.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strategic planning and business development.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance