VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Cisco Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and installation of Cisco network infrastructure; design, deploy, and maintain complex enterprise solutions, utilizing best practice routing and switching technologies
- Design, implementation and support for network security technologies and products (WAF, Cisco ISE, AMP, FirePower, etc.)
- Troubleshoot complex network issues; identify and resolve errors or problems with existing network equipment and circuits
- Visit client sites on a daily basis (sometimes multiple clients)
- Design, implementation and support for hybrid cloud solutions
- Work directly with end users as a client liaison
- Project management
- Provide input and guidance regarding new technologies and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of direct industry experience, prior consulting experience preferred
- Must have a high-level understanding of general networking concepts and implementation using
- Cisco network equipment for LAN and WAN connectivity. The candidate must be able to administer switch and router configurations.
- Experience with implementation, administration, and support of network infrastructures using
- Cisco equipment including ASA Firewalls, ASP Routers, Nexus switches, Wireless Access Points, etc.
- Infrastructure support and deployment of Unified Communication Systems
- Willingness to work within a team environment, yet capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills, as direct communication with clients and co-workers is essential
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Route Switch preferred