VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Client Business Analyst, AURA with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Leads client business studies for smaller implementations, ensuring business needs are met within timelines and budgets. Identifies client’s business needs for systems development, performing requirement analysis, documentation of requirements and partners with developers to ensure appropriate solutions are designed. Trains users on system functionality and supports them during all phases of implementation.
- Meet with clients to gain an understanding of their business needs. Perform gap analysis to identify possible enhancements to existing system functionalities, analyzing various complex business areas/functions.
- Document the clients’ business needs in the form of formal requirements and/or use cases, and work with the developers/designers to develop appropriate solutions; while ensuring the solution supports all affected business units.
- Work with the project team to ensure expectations and priorities of clients are met, which may include negotiation of design aspects that will meet or exceed their needs while considering the impact to Technologies’ core software.
- Work within the constraints of time, cost, scope and quality. Document work flow using project management tools. Ensure on-going communication and positive working relationship with clients throughout the project life cycle.
- Develop test scenarios and test cases as well as assist with review of client data to determine the validity of the data, which includes negotiating possible solutions to problems, offering suggestions to the client, and recommending needed changes to the system. Act as subject matter expert for QA staff.
- Create and monitor specifications and requirements for internal/external project members.
- Provide subject matter expertise for user manual documentation and for creating well-structured client specific documentation following Technologies’ standards.
- Participate in multiple projects simultaneously, appropriately balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Develop and complete special projects as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent related work experience
- 3-5 years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, etc.
- 5+ years IT-related experience, such as Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, etc.
- LOMA Certification; ARA Designation
- Experience using VISIO or similar project management software tool
- Insurance/Reinsurance industry experience
Skills and Abilities
- Basic Word, intermediate Excel and SQL/Query skills
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Intermediate level of investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously;
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Intermediate ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Basic skills in customer relationship management
- Ability to balance multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Basic negotiating and persuasion skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- General business knowledge
- Ability to train internal associates and external clients on system capabilities and processes
- Ability to develop requirement documents and user stories.
- Ability to read, review and understand XML output.
- Intermediate data analysis skill
- Ability to travel as required (up to 25%)