Compliance Business Analyst
The Compliance Business Analyst is tasked with taking appropriate action on activities related to the analysis, design, testing, and implementation of system software and data delivery as supported by the assigned squad (agile team) within the organizational IT Systems Area of Compliance, Privacy, KYC, and On-boarding. This includes ensuring that all relevant work performed by the group complies with the appropriate technical and business standards and policies.
Scope of responsibility includes providing support for both custom developed applications as well as commercial off-the shelf applications.
- Provide technical support and take responsibility for the implementation of the LOB applications supported by the assigned agile squad per the squad product backlog. Key elements of this include:
- Refine stories (Product Backlog Items and Bugs) on an ongoing basis and in response to backlog grooming priority changes to have stories in “Ready” state prior to sprint planning per one-heartbeat (2 week sprints).
- Ensure stories are "right-sized" for a two-week sprint cadence (as refined and brought to “Ready” during refinement sessions) – stories should be able to be given a variety of complexity Effort assignments (1, 2, 3, 5, and 8) for a more fluid and higher completion rate within a single sprint.
- Articulate testing requirements and perform testing as needed to ensure timely completion within the original sprint planned, which includes contributing to an accurate effort assignment at the time of sprint planning to account for testing complexity.
- Ensure testing includes confirmation of story acceptance criteria being met as well as appropriate regression testing of the area (e.g. system, extract, report) being updated.
- Support the product owner in helping to realize the product vision as identified in the organization and squad roadmaps as well as per individual sprint goals.
- Consult the IT Lead and architect as necessary while supporting the product owner and the implementation of product and sprint backlog stories to ensure compliance and consistency with global standards and best-practices.
- For an IT analyst supporting the Compliance area, the following will also be required:
- Support data reconciliation for AML Compliance systems updated through the work of the agile squad, including maintaining data lineage and data mapping for the data flowing to Compliance systems. This will be used and verified as part of annual AML model audit reviews (internal and external).
- Ensure regulatory expectations and deadlines are met as applicable.
- Balance between the agile methodology adopted by the Bank (Simplify@Scale, a scrum-based agile methodology adopted by the organizations) and adherence to the stricter guidelines, requirements, and regulations necessary for Compliance.
- Testing performed must be documented sufficiently to support AML Compliance model validation audits (internal and external).
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement. Key to this is measuring the performance and effectiveness, particularly in the areas of quality, productivity, and (internal or external) customer satisfaction.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years of experience successfully delivering incremental business value on an agile team per business roadmaps and IT strategy/runway.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven high pressure technical regulatory environment.
- Extensive experience with SQL (Queries & Joins).
- Extensive experience with MS Excel including doing the following: building pivot tables, Power pivots, and macros/VBA; executing joins; data extracts; and Functions (VLOOKUP, Nested IF statements, What If analysis).
- Experience with statistical sampling and regression testing.
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly the ability to understand the difference between business desires and system constraints/limitations.
- Motivation to deliver quality product enhancements to end users in accordance with product owner vision, IT standards, and Compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience with the following:
- Oracle DB architectural concepts (schema, tablespace, data files, SGA, transaction logging/archiving, exporting/importing).
- SQL Server.
- Power BI.
- Oracle Forms/Reports.
- .Net development tools and languages.
- Impromptu or other automated testing solutions.
- Agile process systems (e.g. Azure DevOps, Rally, Jira).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Management Information Systems or Business Administration with emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science) with 5-7 years of IT experience.
- Master’s Degree (MBA or Computer Science).
- IT industry related certifications.
- Experience at a financial services organization.
- Experience with AML Compliance.