A Controls/HVAC Technician performs various duties based upon their knowledge and experience. The following is a list of most of the duties that may be asked of a Controls Technician.
- Keep updated on a projects schedule by regular job site visits and communication with the electrical subcontractor.
- Provide direction and answer field questions for our installing electrical subcontractors.
- Monitor electrical installation to ensure work is installed properly, per code and on schedule.
- Gather and deliver material to job site in a timely manner.
- Arrange to have programming and graphics done by ALC or create the programs and graphics.
- Startup, checkout and commission projects. This includes point to point checkout during startup and verification that control programs and graphics operate as designed.
- During the warranty period assist with any service calls related to project.
- Respond to customer questions and service needs.
- Perform routine service inspections including point to point verification of building automation systems.
- Lead small add-on projects directed by a Project Manager.
- Coordinate schedules with Project Managers to ensure customer service requests are completed for customers to meet or exceed their expectations.
- Plan and create a professional development plan in accordance with the Automatic Controls Skills Matrix. Increase proficiency to meet customer needs throughout career.
- Provide mentorship for other Controls Technicians to increase the skill set competencies of Automatic Controls to meet the needs of all customers.
- Correct manual drawings for documentation department to update customer manuals of equipment.
- Be available for on call rotation.
- Practices core values (Communication, Judgement, Innovation, Loyalty, Reliability, Respect).
- Efficiently fulfills all roles and responsibilities as assigned.
- Can effectively delegate to other members of the team and follow up on tasks.
- Deals directly with involved persons if a challenge arises and does not act as a go-between if conflicts arise between co-workers.
Skills or Abilities Required:
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Communication Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
Technical Skills Required:
- Advanced computer and networking skills.
- Working knowledge of the following programs: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, WebCTRL, EquipmentBuilder, SiteBuilder, ViewBuilder, Visio, Windows 7, Paintshop Pro, LogMeIn, and Remote Administrator / Desktop.
- Knowledgeable of HVAC systems, electrical wiring diagrams, and networking.
Training and Education Required:
- High School Diploma with a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Mechanical or Electrical Degree is beneficial.
- 5 years of HVAC experience.