The Data Analyst (Healthcare Analytics) will have the opportunity to make a significant impact through the discovery, development, and implementation of leading-edge analytics that answer important business questions. The analyst will collaborate with key corporate and health plan business partners for the purpose of identifying and delivering robust reporting and analytics capabilities to drive improved business performance.
- Interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including claims, provider, member, and encounters data.
- Identify and assess the business impact of trends.
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot complex scripts and reports developed using SQL, Microsoft Excel, or other analytics tools.
- Lead the planning and execution of large-scale projects and new reporting tools, translating business goals into actionable solutions.
- Identify and resolve data, process, and technical issues and communicate root-cause with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Partner cross-functionally at all levels of the organization and effectively, both verbally and visually, and communicate findings and insights to non-technical business partners.
- Independently engage with business leaders to understand market-specific levers and constraints.
- Leverage enterprise reporting tools to rapidly deliver data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Research key business problems and proactively identify opportunities for cost and utilization improvements through quantitative analysis.
- Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders, soliciting and incorporating feedback when required.
- Mentor junior analysts on analytic best practices and business need fulfillment. Delegate tasks to junior analysts, providing guidance and validation where required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, public health, health informatics, healthcare administration, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working with large databases, data verification, and data management or 3+ years IT experience.
- Healthcare analytics experience preferred.
- Experience with table creation and indexing, query optimization, and utilization of stored procedures.
- Ability to integrate, validate, and reconcile data from multiple sources as well as design and construct analysis tools that extract, prepare, analyze, and store/present results to support business needs.
- Knowledge of query development using SQL or other coding languages.
- Experience in change management processes and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical, analytical, or data mining techniques including basic data modeling, trend analysis, and root-cause analysis preferred.
- Working knowledge of analytical tools, including R, Python, SAS, ArcGIS, QGIS, Microstrategy, Tableau, Hadoop, or related tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of relational databases preferred.
- Working knowledge of automation capabilities such as batch processes, stored procedures, scripting languages, Microstrategy, or other tools preferred.
- Experience with report/dashboard development, data/report automation, self-service capabilities, data design and integration, or data quality and governance preferred.
Is Relocation Available? No
Are you open to sponsorship? No
This position is: Backfill
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No