We are looking for a developer with PL/SQL and Java experience to onboard with our support team for an existing application. You will collaborate with key business stakeholders in a global company to trouble shoot, analyze, and define software requirements to create solutions that support the day to day operations. Additionally, you will work with the software delivery team to collaborate on requirements and solutions that will assist with planned enhancements as part of our technology improvement roadmap.
- Provide technical and/or business application consultation to business partners.
- Assist in trouble-shooting production issues and new build deployments.
- Must be available to meet schedules of global operation by being available for off hour meetings or rotational monitoring of off-hour support calls.
- Ensure users’ expectations are met, gain understanding when desired outcomes are not feasible and provide alternative solutions to meet objective(s).
- Work with architects in creating, updating, and trouble-shooting high-level architecture designs.
- Ensure all documentation of technical architecture and systems are complete.
- Pair with development team members as needed to help improve design and code quality based on end-user feedback.
- Pair with development team members as needed to assist with design, development and implementation of code improvements for production support needs.
- Groom low-level technical specifications and detailed program specifications to promote a solid core application that can be re-used across projects.
- Must be able to travel if necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of software engineer experience.
- BS in IT-related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of relational or NoSQL databases.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data analysis, data clean-up, and running scripts (PL/SQL).
- Experience working with and debugging object orientated language - Java specifically.
- Strong customer focused mentality with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic understanding of stored procedures (PL/SQL) and reviewing script performance metrics.
- Comfortable building fully contained deployable components using utilities like Docker.
- Able to learn new technologies, programs languages and procedures to improve service delivery.
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and development practices (Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development).
- Analytical mindset along with an ability to articulate decisions and collaborate with other stakeholders.
- Self-Starter attitude.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Finance or Insurance related knowledge.