VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Database Development Specialist with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Most important skills are SQL (T-SQL development) stored procedures, triggers, queries, indexes. Communication skills must be excellent.
General Purpose of the Position (Summary):
- This full-time position focuses primarily on supporting the Systems Analyst in daily business processing tasks related to databases and other systems. Assist with reviewing computer system capabilities, workflows, and promoting efficiencies through various systems.
Essential/Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Database Development Specialist performs a wide range of duties including some or all the following:
- Assist Systems Analyst in data and database maintenance. Design and implement database maintenance procedures. Repair data and databases as necessary.
- Analyze physical structure and functional capabilities of existing database objects. Identify opportunities for increasing efficiency, and help implement changes.
- Maintain data and database documentation in order to support both front-end and back-end users.
- Assist Systems Analyst in developing new office workflow systems.
- Provide timely software support to desktop and laptop users.
- Provide employees with basic instructions on how to effectively utilize applications that are installed on their computers.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the business needs.
Competencies/Skills & Abilities Required
- Must have programming skills and experience necessary to facilitate work on projects that require both detailed and broader perspectives, as well as long-term follow-up.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- This position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Work requires continual attention to detail in such things as composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Programming experience with a focus in T-SQL required.
- Programming experience in ASP.NET required.
- Programming experience in Visual Basic preferred.
- Programming experience in Microsoft Access preferred.
- Strong math and logic skills preferred.
Licenses & Certifications Preferred:
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements:
- High level of proficiency in the use of following computer programs and programming languages:
SQL programming (specifically T-SQL), SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft Office suite
- ASP.NET preferred
- Visual Basic preferred
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems
- Photo copier
- Typing speed of at least 60 WPM
- This position requires working in a professional office environment.
- For a full-time employee, this position usually works a standard work week.
- For a full-time employee, this position may require some overtime hours.
- For a full-time employee, this position may involve some travel.