Front-End Web Developer
The Web Content and Digital Specialist is responsible for strategic guidance, web governance, SEO (Search Engine Optimization), updates and maintenance for the various company internal and external websites. They also assist with input on developing and executing elements of the paid media digital media strategies.
A successful individual will be a creative, enthusiastic and dedicated individual who plays a key role in the product management and visual aspects for the company and its multiple websites and other on-line assets.
- Manage day-to-day maintenance, content creation, technical support, content development, security, accessibility compliance and governance for company websites and digital properties.
- Perform research and made recommendations concerning emerging trends and best practices in web governance, SEO, design and development fields.
- Coordinate in-house and third-party agency design and production resources for execution and delivery of digital creative assets.
- Manage accessibility compliance under WCAG guidelines (Version 2.1, Level AA), ensuring all site visitors can effectively use the company sites.
- Provide quarterly reporting on website performance across the company brand.
- Responsible for site management including new product activation, quality assurance, product attribution for search and navigation, website shop-ability and creation of brand appropriate web categories based on selling and marketing strategies.
- Work with team members across enterprises and departments on a variety of web-based projects.
- Responsible for the development, design and layout of web sites, landing pages, other web components as well as future web-based applications. Designs and content should target accessibility by all.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and with high quality.
- Test websites for functionality and accessibility in different browsers and different resolutions to ensure working order as well as accessibility compliance. Make adjustments to sites as necessary.
- Strong capacity for multi-tasking, working independently and effective time management. Should be able to prioritize and maintain a high level of accuracy doing multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- 3+ years managing accessibility for highly-trafficked websites with direct exposure to WCAG criteria.
- 3+ years of experience Google Analytics.
- Project management.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, PHP, PostgreSQL and domain registration is a plus.
- Experience designing, developing and maintaining complex websites. Experience with both packaged and custom developed web solutions is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and assess business needs to recommend appropriate website and plug-in solutions.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with groups from diverse backgrounds and technical abilities.
- Competency with design, development and interpreting of reports / analytics for business users. IBM Core Metrics or Adobe Omniture is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, work under pressure, adapt to demanding situations and maintain schedules.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Operates effectively as the technical member of the MarCom team.
Education and Experience
- A./B.S. required or equivalent experience in marketing, information technology, computer science, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Marketing, Communications, Project Management, graphic design and / or web development & optimization, required.