Position Summary: Responsible for translating software requirements into workable programming code in order to maintain, develop, and update applications and programs for business use; including writing, designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting applications and software using programming languages and development tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, and maintain enterprise business web applications utilizing SDLC best practices in a full Microsoft stack environment (.NET, SQL Server, Azure, etc.).
- Implement solutions using N-Tier application design utilizing C# and OOP design principals.
- Given a statement of work or functional specifications, create technical design documentation to facilitate software solutions.
- Understand and assist in the maintenance of source control repositories, continuous integration services, and development operations tools.
- Write technical documentation for applications and supporting software.
- Research and remain current on trends and standards in programming in order to ensure continued professional development and timely adoption of standards and technology.
Essential Job Requirements:
Education: B.S. in Computer Science, CIS, MIS, or related field of study or equivalent combination or education and experience.
Experience: Must have 5+ years of experience in software development and application design.
- Advanced experience with Visual Studio and C#.
- Strong Object Oriented Design knowledge.
- Experience developing web applications using .NET Framework and .NET Core ASP.NET MVC and WebApi.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server data access technologies: Entity Framework, Dapper, ADO, etc.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Basic understanding of the Scrum agile methodology.
- Experience with distributed version control systems: git, mercurial.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management and third parties.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, be detail-oriented, be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, multi-task and work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Experience with Identity Server or other identity server providers is highly desirable.
- Nice to have: experience with JIRA, Bitbucket, , Azure DevOps and/or other devops tools.
- Nice to have: advanced SQL Skills such as performance tuning, etc.
- Cross platform mobile application development experience utilizing React, Xamarin, or Apache Cordova is a plus.