The Industry manager is responsible for developing new business and expanding product offerings. Instrumental in developing pertinent marketing to increase sales. Must be self-driven and resourceful. Occasionally will work in groups with multinational company, specifically Germany and Belgium.
- Develop new business/leads within targeted markets.
- Expand plastic product offerings (new lead generation, trade shows, cold calls).
- Give new product presentations to prospects.
- Refine and develop marketing and trade shows with aim to increase leads.
- Prospect as needed to increase sales pipeline.
- Experience in working with multinational companies.
- Manage current customers thru product improvement.
Skills and Qualifications
- Miller Heiman Sales Experience a plus.
- Fluent in English, speech and writing. Spanish a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to coordinate projects with large companies, involving project manager, production, sales and finance departments.
- Flexibility - the ability to live and act in a climate of change. Handle stress and demands in a calm thoughtful manner with the ability to prioritize.
- Initiative and Responsibility - willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipating changes.
- 30-50% travel required. 1-2 trips to international locations may be required.
Education and Experience
- 4 years college degree.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in supply chain sales highly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience selling to manufactures a must (i.e. food processing, pharma, chemical, general mfg.).