The IT Service Management (ITSM) Lead drives the definition and maintenance of IT Service Management processes and capabilities. This position assists with driving continuous improvement for phases of the service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL) framework.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides direction over ITSM process engineering.
- Develops and delivers professional executive and steering committee presentations.
- Develops and communicates service management roadmap activities to IT leadership and staff.
- Serves as primary contributor for conveying the proper use and ongoing development of the ITSM system.
- Develops project plans and associated communications documents.
- Tracks, reports and communicates status of projects to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Partners with technology teams to establish and implement ITSM policies and procedures for the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Service Request, and Service Level management.
- Oversees and supports ITSM continuous improvement and deployment efforts, including documentation of implementation plans.
- Implements metrics and reporting to drive prioritization of improvement efforts.
- Assesses risk of changes, incidents and problems, along with other IT staff, to appropriately prioritize scheduling of production implementations, incident remediation changes and problem resolution changes.
- Analyzes incident, problem and change data, as well as recurring alerts, to identify the associated root causes and develops plans and actions to resolve and eliminate these problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Displays strong ability to influence and execute initiatives in a timely manner.
- Ability to promote and communicate Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate communications at the executive level.
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze the effectiveness service management.
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory compliance laws and guidelines: GDPR, SOX, FFIEC.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to train others on ITSM concepts.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training Normally Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field.
- 3-5 years of ITSM, or IT problem management experience preferred.
- ITIL, PMP or SixSigma certification preferred.