The IT Service Management (ITSM) Lead drives the definition and maintenance of IT Service Management processes and capabilities. This position assists with driving continuous improvement for phases of the service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the Information Technology Infrastructure (ITIL) framework. In addition, the ITSM manages and tracks the IT project portfolio for technology related projects including information regarding scope, schedule and cost.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and delivers professional executive and steering committee presentations.
- Tracks, reports and communicates status of projects to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Strategically influences and exercises oversight over IT project portfolio, budget management and planning.
- Provides direction and influence over ITSM process engineering.
- Develops and communicates service management roadmap to leadership and IT members.
- Partners with technology teams to establish ITSM policies and procedures for the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes such as, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Service Request, and Service Level management.
- Oversees and supports ITSM continuous improvement and deployment efforts, including documentation of implementation plans.
- Serves as key contributor regarding the proper use and ongoing development of the ITSM ticketing system.
- Implements metrics and reporting to drive prioritization of improvement efforts.
- Assesses risk of changes, incidents and problems, along with other IT staff, to appropriately prioritize scheduling of production implementations, incident remediation changes and problem resolution changes.
- Analyzes incident, problem and change data, as well as recurring alerts, to identify the associated root causes and develops plans and actions to resolve and eliminate these problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong analytical skills, to analyze the effectiveness service management.
- Ability to promote and communicate Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices.
- Knowledge of Agile is a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge of regulatory compliance laws and guidelines: GDPR, SOX, FFIEC.
- Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate communications at the executive level.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to train others on ITSM concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training Normally Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or related field.
- 3-5 years of ITSM, or IT problem management experience preferred.
- ITIL, PMP or SixSigma certification preferred.