The Java Developer will work closely with the software developers across the Software Platform to guide in the software development lifecycle to meet product and customer goals. The Java Developer will be able to participate in both internal and customer technical discussions and product strategy discussions. The candidate will manage, provide and communicate clear vision to the software development team and for the SaaS platform, while simultaneously being knowledgeable with the details of key projects. Additionally, the candidate will collaborate with other functional groups and business units including Product Line Management (PLM), Sales & Marketing, and Systems Deployment & Operations to ensure success of the SaaS platform.
- Be a member of the Software/Application Development team supporting software development efforts.
- Participate in the full project lifecycle including gathering requirements, system design, implementation, quality assurance testing, deployment, and support of platform.
- Follow standard methodologies and practices to produce high quality applications in an efficient manner.
- Assist clients as they integrate our software into their environments.
- Assist internal development team.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related field plus at least 3-5 years of progressively more responsible coding experience, or in the alternative a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Java software development and Unix-based environment.
- Experience working with CodeIgniter or similar PHP Framework.
- Experience working with REST-based API’s.
- Qualified candidates will have HTML and CSS design experience.
- Expertise in Java programming language.
- MySQL (or similar) database development expertise.
- Experience working with REST API’s and Webservices.
- Strong Object Oriented programming experience.
- Candidate must be able to contribute in all layers of technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support.
- Development efforts on UNIX-based platforms.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting applications.
- Experience with Mercurial is a plus.
- Experience in Networking and Telecommunications industry/field would be a plus.
- Ability to lead internal teams toward management of client expectations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage development team to meet project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within team environment.
- Relaxed working environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Expense Reimbursements, if applicable.