The Data Architect will focus on the collection, transformation, and promotion of data from ECI’s various ERP systems and supporting applications. They will work closely with our analyst and application teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs. The position will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems along with overseeing critical data migrations.
- Translate business functions into conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Analyze databases in different aspects such as data integrity, data model, availability, and performance.
- Develop data models for utilizing the rich data involved in creating an autonomous system.
- Assist in synthesizing large, unstructured data into clear and broadly usable datasets.
- Build and scale data pipelines for a large, multifaceted organization.
- Aid in development of strategies. Plan and work with technical team to implement best practices and around data dictionary creation and master data management concepts.
Likely Tasks & Projects:
- Build data mappings for new systems and data migration projects. Implement subject area of business functions and publish the models for collaborative development.
- Support & Lead strategic projects to design and implement analytics platforms.
- Provide expertise in centralized and distributed data engineering solutions. Capture and share best practices across data systems.
- Must have deep SQL query knowledge and intermediate experience with SSIS & SSAS packages.
- Additional experience with Power BI, AS400 iSeries, SAP, or Microsoft Dynamics is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with large datasets from many data sources and formats.
- Experience creating reusable, scalable architectures to prepare data for downstream consumption.
- Ability to parse complex, ambiguous datasets into clear data models.
- Preferred BA in related field but not required.