Published: February 4, 2020
Java Developer will be joining a fast-growing IT team responsible for delivering high quality code quickly to meet customer and product needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take complex features from concept to shipping working alone or with other team members and teams.
- Provide feedback on the work of junior developers.
- Gathering requirements, developing code, testing, debugging, and supporting applications.
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Strong understanding of MVP and how to build quality services that fit basic needs of customers.
- Take stories assigned and execute on them quickly and efficiently with little direction from Senior devs.
- Develop code, test, debug and write unit and integration tests.
- Ability to take direction from Senior team members and continuously improve.
- 1+ years of progressive experience with Java and Spring
- Strong software design skills: SOLID design principles, design
- Familiar with Hibernate and Spring JPA
- Familiar with SOA and microservices architectures
- Good command of RESTful and/or RPC approach for building APIs
- 2-5 or more years of progressive experience with Java
- Strong understanding of java programming using maven, Git and build pipelines
- Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; reads and interprets written information.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Integrity and Trust – widely trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Ethics and Values – adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.