Published: May 8, 2020
Essential Job Functions
- Complete new and ongoing development tasks according to business requirements.
- Maintain, monitor, upgrade, and resolve issues in existing software systems.
- Ensure quality of code changes by performing self-testing/debugging, automated testing, and performance profiling/optimization.
- Be able to troubleshoot issues with minimal help.
- Accept tasks while seeking to understand how to best deliver solution.
- Communicate/coordinate effectively with other departments/teams including business/systems analysts and end users.
- Be able to communicate complex concepts to non-technical persons.
- Work within developed team standards or methodologies.
- Work independently to identify improvements to the codebase, systems, and processes.
- Provide input on possible new technologies or methodologies.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Participate in change management system by reporting status of tasks when requested.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology / Systems, or related required.
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience in .NET or related enterprise development.
Required Technical Competencies
- Core Environment: .NET, C#, Source Control (prefer Git), IDE (prefer Visual Studio), Microsoft Windows/Windows Server
- Database: Entity Framework, MS SQL Server / T-SQL, MS SQL Mgmt. Studio
- Infrastructure: Windows Server, IIS, Windows Services
- Concepts: Object Oriented Design Principals, Web Architecture, Basic Networking Concepts
Desired Technical Competencies
- Frameworks/Environment: .NET Core, Windows Forms, Agile concepts, CI/CD pipelines
- Testing: Automated testing - Unit Testing, Integration Testing
- Infrastructure: Containers / Docker, Microservices, SFTP/FTP, File Encryption (PGP/GPG)
- Results Oriented: steadfastly pushes self for results, self-motivated with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision, maintains focus on organizational goals.
- Organizational Savvy: ability to navigate effectively in highly regulated industry and with complex organizations required; experience navigating the company’s structure and operations.
- Communications: ability to articulate information simply and concisely in person, over the phone and in writing, and to reflect CPS values (integrity, compassion, excellence, stewardship, accountability) in all internal and external communications.
- Project Management: manages resources, time, money and scope of a project; plans, organizes, motivates, and controls resources to achieve project goals effectively and efficiently.
- Change Management: is energized by change and welcomes new opportunities, quickly learns and adapts to change, personal maturity to evaluate and manage uncertainty and stress effectively. Ability to blend creativity and improvisational thinking with sensitivity to tradition and history.
- Performance Management & Development: sets clear goals and objectives, cooperates and participates fully in the coaching process, and actively seeks continuous learning to improve personal and team performance.
- Teamwork: participates fully on assigned and adjunct teams, fosters a collaborative spirit, builds collaborative networks with internal staff and vendor representatives.
- Customer Orientation: demonstrates a high commitment to the organizational mission by applying concepts and principles of the Integrity Service program or similar values-based customer service program; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving: uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems, is excellent at objective analysis, and engages others in analyzing and developing solutions.
- Social/Interpersonal Skills: interacts effectively with a wide variety of people; respectful and maintains the dignity of others; amicable; fosters differing opinions and values input from various perspectives.