Lead Application Developer
Develops and implements application changes and is expected to stay abreast of the available technology regarding application development, information delivery, and relational database technology, as well as lead assigned team of developers.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the department’s strategic business plans.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture, infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor team members on assigned projects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end integrated systems.
- Collaborate across teams to evaluate business needs and provide technology solutions.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct code reviews and uphold our standards in coding.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Advanced technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current MS Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Strong experience in a variety of programming languages, including C# and ASP.NET, MVC, SQL.
- Knowledge of the web application framework Angular 1.x and Angular 7 preferred including TypeScript.
- Experience using TFS or DevOps with GIT integrated for source control.
- Azure cloud, dockers is a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Effectively able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
- Experience with agile methodologies and the full software development life cycle preferred.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer in C# .NET.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Proven experience in internet-based systems development.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with application testing.