The Lead Application Developer develops and implements application changes and is expected to stay abreast of the available technology regarding application development, information delivery, and relational database technology, as well as lead assigned team of developers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the department’s strategic business plans.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture, infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Provide technical leadership and mentor team members on assigned projects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end integrated systems.
- Collaborate across teams to evaluate business needs and provide technology solutions.
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Report on findings and make recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct code reviews and uphold company’s standards in coding.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Advanced technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current MS Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Strong experience in a variety of programming languages, including VB6, C# and ASP.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Effectively able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to thrive in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
- Experience with agile methodologies and the full software development life cycle preferred.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering and analysis.
- Proven experience in internet-based systems development.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with application development tools, including Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .NET.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with relational database technology, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years of web development experience, preferably using the Microsoft Stack (ASP.NET MVC, etc.).