Lead Data Engineer/Architect
The Lead Data Engineer/Architect plays a leading role designing and running multiple data platforms across the enterprise. This is a ‘hands on’ role and is responsible for leading the transformation and execution of data solutions from disparate legacy systems to modern cloud-based solutions with a focus on enterprise data management. This position leverages cloud-based (Azure) infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient. This role collaborates with Technology Product Owners, Solution Architects, DBAs, and other cross-functional teams and business leaders. In addition, the Lead Data Engineer/Architect will plan, design, implement, and operate data solutions, using an Agile methodology.
- Leads the development of future state data architecture designs, standards, guidelines, and principles.
- Works with Technology Product Owners to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect data solutions.
- Executes design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with stakeholders.
- Utilizes Microsoft Azure technologies to solve business problems with a focus on enterprise data management.
- Designs and manages data models associated with Relational DBs and optionally NoSQL DBs (Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, etc.).
- Designs, implements, and maintains database solutions; manages data access; and resolves database performance, capacity, and security issues.
- Performs problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention.
- Develops Data Flow Diagrams (DFDs), Data Dictionaries, and database schemas with a focus on enterprise data management.
- Designs and codes SQL queries and maintenance of SSIS packages.
- Participates in an on-call support rotation and provides non-standard work hour support
- Participates in brainstorming and discussion sessions to help development teams better understand and utilize data technologies.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
- Experience with API code integrations with external vendors to push/pull data.
- Experience with SQL Server and Microservices.
- Ability to create and maintain organized technical documentation.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in many different situations.
- Experience with Azure Cloud Technologies including a track record of learning new technologies and architecting them to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning within the enterprise architecture field.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related IT discipline or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of experience developing Data Flow Diagrams, Data Models, and Data Architectures both on-prem and in the cloud, with at least 3-5 years utilizing Microsoft Azure.
- 5-7 years of experience designing and supporting Azure hosted data services.
- Successful completion of the Microsoft Azure Data Engineer Associate Certification. Additional Azure Certifications and/or Exams are preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a multi-business unit organization.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit