Responsible for developing and supporting SQL Server database solutions within both the production and development environments. Also responsible for leading an assigned team of developers on their assigned projects/implementations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create, troubleshoot, and maintain stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
- Debug and modify SSIS packages, SSRS reports, and design/configure reporting services using RS configuration manager.
- Develop and support XML/XLS schemas.
- Perform database and code migrations and track the requests within the internal SharePoint Workflows.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the current IT applications and technology such that solutions developed meet the division’s objectives.
- Develop and enforce the division’s IT application standards.
- Lead and mentor team members on assigned projects and implementations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced level of self-sufficiency and initiative working on database projects.
- Advanced level of analytical, organizational, documentation, and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment. Advanced level of knowledge of .NET and legacy applications that interact with SQL.
- Intermediate understanding of Entity Framework and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database development experience.
- Advanced level of knowledge of managing multiple Microsoft SQL Server databases on large systems.
- Advanced level of knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Transactional SQL and stored procedures.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of experience in developing windows and/or web-based SQL applications.