Lead Database Developer
Responsible for developing and supporting SQL Server database solutions within both the production and development environments. Also responsible for leading an assigned team of developers on their assigned projects/implementations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Create, troubleshoot, and maintain stored procedures, views, triggers, and functions.
Debug and modify SSIS packages, SSRS reports, and design/configure reporting services using RS configuration manager.
- Develop and support XML/XLS schemas.
- Perform database and code migrations and track the requests within the internal SharePoint Workflows.
- Develop sufficient knowledge of the current IT applications and technology such that solutions developed meet the division’s objectives.
- Develop and enforce the division’s IT application standards.
- Lead and mentor team members on assigned projects and implementations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Advanced level of self-sufficiency and initiative working on database projects.
- Advanced level of analytical, organizational, documentation, and communications skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment. Advanced level of knowledge of .NET and legacy applications that interact with SQL.
- Intermediate understanding of Entity Framework and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Advanced level of knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Database development experience.
- Advanced level of knowledge of managing multiple Microsoft SQL Server databases on large systems.
- Advanced level of knowledge of monitoring and tuning databases.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Transactional SQL and stored procedures.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING NORMALLY REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of experience in developing windows and/or web-based SQL applications.