Published: April 17, 2023
Lead Programmer Analyst
HP Non Stop required.
Uses technical skills and programming experience to define, schedule, and coordinate programming of solutions to problems and requests of varying difficulty under the general direction of management. Responsible for leading an assigned team of developers on assigned projects/implementations. Coordinates the work of development team members and others with those who have requested projects.
- Provides designs for proposed systems and system enhancements. Develops modifications and changes to existing programs and procedures as required to satisfy user requests.
- Supplements coding, testing, and documenting computer programs where necessary to achieve results and meet schedules.
- Leads and mentors team members on assigned projects and implementations.
- Ensures programs and procedures developed by team adhere to established departmental standards and guidelines.
- Helps the team keep commitments to clients with on time completion of development teams projects.
- Develops project cost estimates for assigned clients.
- Reports progress through updates to project control system status and time recording and attendance at weekly project control meetings.
- Notifies manager immediately when it appears scheduled dates will not be met or if an assigned project will lead to operational or support difficulties.
- Suggests potential improvements to the processes and techniques used by Client Programming that will result in improved quality and/or responsiveness for our clients.
- Interacts with project requestors to ensure correct understanding and business validity of user requests and demonstrates results to requestors of projects.
- Advises less experienced programmers and provides training by sharing technical knowledge with others.
- Solves balancing problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to write and explain structured and maintainable COBOL code.
- Proficiency with all Tandem utility programs.
- Experience with HP non-stop.
- Ability to modify and create SCOBOL on-line programs required.
- Ability to develop complex on-line and batch programs.
- Ability to design operationally in a manner that is reliable and efficient.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of COBOL programming experience.
- 5+ years of increasingly complex project development experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit