Published: February 13, 2023
Lead Project Manager
The Lead Project Manager plans, executes, and finalizes the most complex software related projects according to strict deadlines, verifying the completeness of requirements and coordinating the efforts of team members and consultants to deliver projects according to plan. This position defines and coordinates the execution of the test plans and scenarios necessary to verify and validate the solution, as well as monitors other Project Managers within the IT Department.
- Establishes project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and a broad range of stakeholders including both business and IT.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of projects and programs across all project phases, following best practices.
- Develops project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of the customer/sponsor.
- Accountable for managing multiple partners and third-party vendors to ensure all parties understand and deliver project goals and business expectations.
- Negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports and requirements documentation.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Defines project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conducts project postmortems and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Proactively manage risks and issues and respond quickly in the event one is triggered or realized.
- Creates templates and standards to measure duration, milestones, resource requirements, and costs to ensure successful delivery of assigned projects.
- Manages multiple, large projects with budgets over one million dollars.
- Manages complex multi-vendor projects which contain multiple streams (requirements, development, quality assurance).
- Partners and collaborates with business owners to minimize operational risk and disruption.
- Acts as a lead and mentor to other Project Managers across the IT Department.
- Other duties as needed or required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration with an emphasis in management information systems or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certification in project management, Agile PMP (Project Management Professional) preferred.
- DevOps or Jira is required.
- Strong familiarity with project management software such as Microsoft Project.
- Highly competent in use of MS Office tools
- Familiarity with business diagram tools like MS-Visio
- Relational database understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem- solving capabilities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit