The position is responsible for assisting the managing attorney with consumer law defense cases. Must have a strong background in organizational skills, ability to work in a small office environment, and be self-motivated to accomplish tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing discovery (both responses and requests direct to opposing parties)
- Preparing procedural motions (i.e., motions to continue)
- Accessing information in the law firm’s computer system
- Typing dictated letters, motions, memorandums, and other documents
- Maintaining managing attorney’s calendar
- Required Minimum Education: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: Legal Secretary - 2 years
- PC Literate
- Tying Skills 60 WPM or better
- Paralegal certificate or experience working in a legal office environment.
Must have experience as Secretary/Administrative Assistant. A background in debt collection litigation and/or consumer lawsuits is preferred but is not required. A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is necessary. Experience or knowledge of pacer.gov, case.net, and/or QLAW (or another debt collection software) is preferred but not required.
Compensation: Full Health Benefits, 401K, and Annual Bonuses. Salary is based on skill and experience.