*Relocation assistance is available.
Linux Systems Engineer will help develop custom Linux distributions and custom Windows 10 IoT for new and existing embedded products. This position will also assist in the selection of computer hardware and components used in client’s wide range of products. This individual will interact with engineering team members and manufacturing personnel. The ideal candidate would be an organized self-starter with excellent written and oral communication skills, enjoy technical research and problem solving, and actively seek out problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Development and maintenance of custom Linux embedded OS.
- Development and maintenance of custom Microsoft Windows 10 IoT embedded drive images.
- Research, evaluate and test PC hardware to assist with product maintenance and design.
- Create Engineering Change Orders and product release documents.
- Support factory PC Line to ensure efficient, trouble free production of PCs.
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in the manufacturing of products.
- Validate product requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required in computer engineering, electrical engineering or computer science.
- Linux/Debian/Ubuntu installation, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Windows installation, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Programming experience with a compiled language (preferably C++) and a scripting language (preferably Bash or PowerShell).
- Knowledge of computer hardware components.
- Knowledge of PC firmware (BIOS and UEFI).
- Good technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Working on large software projects in a team-based environment.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Hands-on working experience with Source Code management tools like TFS or GIT.
- Familiarity with networking and the use of Wireshark.