Managed File Transfer Specialist
The Managed File Transfer (MFT) Specialist will set up and maintain file transfer connections for internal and external customers and ensure data travels through channels and processes efficiently. This position will be responsible for coordinating the process with various internal teams including Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Infrastructure and Security, to ensure accurate results and will troubleshoot transmission issues and escalate as necessary.
- Responsible for managing assigned software products and associated hardware and operating systems relevant to the Managed File Transfer (MFT) function.
- Monitors, tracks, and maintains file transfer servers and the performance of related applications and takes action on changes as necessary- responds to application outages and performs routine maintenance on assigned applications; performs routine changes as assigned and according to change management procedures.
- Identifies, isolates, and troubleshoots issues and drives development of solutions.
- Assists with capacity planning to ensure application is scaled to meet current and projected capacities.
- Maintains version, patch, and security levels, in accordance with the strategic direction of the company.
- Performs task scheduling, data replication, and clean-up and ensures proper SSL/AS2 certificate management procedures are followed.
- Provides daily interaction with business partners, external trading partners, and development teams to solve problems in MFT process flows.
- Documents MFT processes for trading partners, business partners, and internal teams.
- Develops and provides reports for business units or management.
- Provides on call support for Incident Response as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Managed File Transfer concepts and various file transfer protocols (SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, AS2).
- Knowledge and an understanding of PGP encryption.
- Basic knowledge of networking (TCP/IP) and Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal communication and phone skills.
- Must be customer service oriented, flexible, and adaptable.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of Information Technology experience, preferably with File Transfer Protocols and Networking.