VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Manager, Data Analysis - Provider Analytics with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Manager, Data Analysis - Provider Analytics
The Manager, Data Analysis is part of the Enterprise Provider Analytics Team, located in Clayton, MO. The Manager, Data Analysis will report directly to the Vice President, Provider Analytics. The team offers an analytic focus on provider specific insights, including provider contract review, evaluation of quality and other performance measures, and network adequacy analyses. The Provider Analytics Team provides support to the organization’s contracting efforts by offering services designed for steerage and new / remediated contract impact analysis.
Position Purpose: Support analytic data needs for assigned business unit. Handle complex data requests and acts as a “go to” person for other Data Analysts.
- Identify and prioritize recurring and ad hoc data analysis needs of the Health Plan to enable management to control medical costs and ensure delivery of quality healthcare to members
- Coordinate analysis and develop initiatives with cross health plan initiatives and capabilities
- Perform analysis and reporting to support the Health Plan and Corporate
- Manage development efforts with technical team liaisons, including business requirements gathering and documentation, testing, delivery and user adoption, and effectively communicate deliverable expectations to the Health Plan
- Analyze plan data including service and clinical trend analysis
- Develop reports through various data reporting tools
- Manage, mentor, and train team of analysts
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred. 5+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare. Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff. Advanced SQL and Microsoft Excel skills, relational database knowledge, and various data reporting tool experience preferred. Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred. Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.
Is Relocation Available?
Is there a bonus structure?
Are you open to sponsorship?
This position is:
Is there a possibility to work remote?
Is there equity?
Are there flexible work hours?
Does this position have direct reports?
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
Minimum of 5+ years of data analysis experience, preferably in healthcare Advanced analytics including experience with high level mathematical models, MicroStrategy, Tableau. Able to work with big data and be able to tell a story using analytics to direct the business, outcomes and cost savings. Highly refined oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior leadership and also lead and mentor staff.
What are the nice-to-have skills?
Python and R Knowledge of statistics and application of high level mathematical models in medical and pharmacy claims data preferred. Understanding of health insurance business, claims payment procedures, strategies and trends in health care government programs preferred.