VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Network Analyst with one of our premier clients.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Network Analyst position(s) will maintain security of the infrastructure, server administration, network administration, system documentation, and user support. Each Network Analyst may be functionally aligned with responsibility for different aspects of the business systems networks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors and acts, as necessary, to ensure correct monitoring system problem detection and minimize business interruption from IT systems.
- Apply critical software, firmware, or hardware fixes where required to ensure system efficiency and uptime.
- Writes and creates departmental Work Instructions, SOP, and policies as directed.
- Assist with compliance audits as required.
- Generates and interprets historical monitoring reports, including alert, outage, bandwidth, and performance report to determine Root Cause outages and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associate's degree or higher plus 3-5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The individual must have 3- 5 years experience or MCSE certification with Windows Server 2008/2012 and a firm understanding of a majority of the features and roles that are available.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Directory Services, Group Policy, Printer and Document Services, and IIS are a few of the features and roles that are strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, IPv6, DNS, and DHCP protocols are also preferred.
- 3- 5 years experience or MCP, VCP, MCDBA, IBM Certified System Administrator with VMWare, Microsoft applications, SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server, monitoring/scanning hardware, and iSeries system administration are required.
- Must have familiarity and 3-5 years experience or CCNP certification with Cisco routers & switches and wireless components, Webex, Cisco ASAs, Cisco VOIP, Cisco Call Manager, and MPLS technologies
- The successful candidate must possess solid interpersonal communication abilities, a desire to apply system administration best practices, and incorporate them into all infrastructure initiatives.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general human resource periodicals, professional journals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and prepare business correspondences. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Excellent organizational, written oral communication skills, as well as solid customer relations skills are required
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and other fundamental business related mathematics.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve problems with practical solutions and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Great follow up skills
- Ability to develop relationships and partner with plant management & personnel to achieve the goals of the company.
- Availability to travel to plant locations for installation(s), retro-fitting, and/or seminars as required.