Published: April 27, 2023
To maintain and support the company’s computer networks in a highly secure manner in support of the agency’s primary business functions.
- Keep the director informed on progress with work.
- Escalate challenges and problems promptly and ask for guidance on prioritization or direction as needed.
- Configure and install hardware such as switches, routers, and wireless access points.
- Assist in network support including performance monitoring and security updates/patches.
- Assist in maintaining firewalls and related rules.
- Analyze system failures, correct errors, recover systems, and corrupted data.
- Maintain documentation for all network procedures/installations/upgrades.
- Assist with maintenance of the VoIP phone system.
- Respond to user inquires, support requests, and trouble reports concerning information technology systems, policies, and procedures.
- Use the ticketing system to keep a clear log of requests, problems, and resolutions.
- As part of the team, support network services functions on a 24/7 on-call schedule.
- Travel as needed to facilities to investigate issue and perform on-site work.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the director.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Cisco switches, routers, and access points.
- Experience in the implementation of local and wide area networks, virtual private networks, and virtual local area networks.
- Experience with Cisco management tools such as DNA, ISE, and WLC.
- Experience testing and troubleshooting wireless signal, mapping coverage a plus.
- Knowledge with BGP, EIGRP, STP/RSTP/MSTP.
- Knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technology.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in QoS.
- Experience with large L3/L2 network support.
- Familiar with and experience with fiber based networks and SFPs.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager/VoIP a plus.
- Experience with SIP trunking a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems (Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 -2019).
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of technical and business personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with groups from diverse backgrounds and technical abilities.
- Ability to participate in teams of technical, professional, and non-management members.
- Demonstrated ability working independently, setting priorities, maintaining schedules, and adapting to challenging situations.
- Capable of physically lifting and carrying desktop and network computer equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Certifications in Cisco and related technologies a plus. CCNA, CCNP Enterprise, CCNP Security, CCNP Collaboration a plus.
- Technical Expertise: TCP/IP, VLANS, LAN/WAN/Firewall/DMZ, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, Cisco Networking Equipment, Cradlepoint Routers, Cloud4Wi portal, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years network/ infrastructure experience and a total of 7 or more years’ experience in Information Technology.
- Fitness Centers
- Credit Union Membership
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- PTO and Holidays
- 401K Plan and 401K Company Program
- Retirement Benefits
- Short-Term And Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance