Develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions. Support with emphasis on PL/SQL and developing Oracle Forms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Have a working knowledge of over-all architecture of software applications and the systems on which those applications run.
- Assist business analysts in defining new application requirements and updates to existing applications by extracting logic and data needed for their analysis.
- Design new application architectures and make application design modifications based on functional requirements.
- Support Oracle with heavy emphasis on PL/SQL and forms development.
- Provide software-related cost/benefit trade-off analysis to management.
- Implement new software architectures and applications based on industry and organization best practices.
- Watch for opportunities and make recommendation for improvements to existing applications and architectures.
- Monitor technologies relevant to the applications and systems in use by the company and make recommendations to management regarding possible options to improve performance and/or ROI.
- Support production operations on a daily basis.
- Assist in evaluation of potential employment candidates.
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Heavy emphasis programming languages: PL/SQL, SQL
- Oracle Applications: E-Business Suite Management/Customization/API Programming
- Oracle Forms and Reports development/modification/support
Preferred Technical Proficiencies:
- Programming languages: Visual Basic, VB.NET, Java
- Office Applications: MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes
- Oracle: Database: Workflow
- Effective interpersonal communication with co-workers, management, and vendors.
- Self-motivation to accomplish assigned objectives and pursue options that will benefit the company.
- Numerical / analytical abilities.
- Capability to grasp “big picture” down to minute details of systems/software.
- Flexibility to effectively switch between support of production environment and development projects.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and business rule management systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of experience.