VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a PC Support Specialist with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A CONTRACT TO HIRE ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Maintain end user computers, devices and software applications. Perform junior level administrative functions such as user account creation and setting up Exchange mailboxes. Setup and maintain network users.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolve PC Support issues and track problem resolution through use of our trouble ticket system
- Identifies and initiates resolutions to client problems and concerns associated with office automation equipment, hardware and software to the client’s satisfaction.
- Work with tier II and III technical support on critical problems; work with our programming and senior network administrator groups to resolve issues.
- Supports end users by taking PC Support calls and by working with trouble tickets that come in through our support system.
- Plans and coordinates the purchase, installation and implementation of office automation hardware and software according to department standards and procedures.
- Upholds the enterprise policy guidelines, as well as, recommends new and improved guidelines to insure compatibility and better service enterprise users of personal computers.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology of microcomputers and utilizes state-of-the-art techniques when implementing office automation solutions.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with all company employees to optimize working relationships and communication.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL REQUIRED:
A. S. Technical Computer Support degree or equivalent work experience.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• 1-2 Years of PC Support/Helpdesk experience.
• Proficient in the troubleshooting, implementation and use of Windows operating systems (server and workstation) and Microsoft Office applications.
• Proficient in the understanding of current networking technologies and troubleshooting network problems.
• Proficient in setting up and administrating users in a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
• Familiar with Microsoft Exchange.
• Familiar with database connectivity methods including ODBC and OLE DB.