The Director, Program Management and Alignment coordinates efforts to identify, select, and prioritize information technology projects and programs based upon their alignment and contribution to the client’s goals and objectives. This position also manages high-visibility technology implementations, ensuring that teams are aligned, communicating effectively, and projects are delivered on time and successfully.
- Facilitate and coordinate the efforts to establish the IT project portfolio. This includes the evaluation, selection, and prioritization of projects, resource identification and management, and execution strategy.
- Work with sponsors and stakeholders from multiple constituencies to define objectives, goals, success criteria, and project scope.
- Work with IT leadership to align technology roadmaps with goals and objectives.
- Develop project charter, scope, and timeline; identify resources needed to meet objectives; track, evaluate, and communicate project progress and performance.
- Conduct regular reviews to validate initiatives are in scope and on schedule.
- Manage the risk, issue, and change resolution process, work with other leaders to take corrective action as needed.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions during project close-out to identify successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop reporting standards for all initiatives; publish regular executive level reporting with updates on project activities.
- Develop and lead the IT Program Management and Alignment Office to ensure quality, consistency, and oversight of information technology projects by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards, and tools.
- Manage the project intake process and assist teams in navigating the process through effective project definition, refinement, and initiation.
- Support various technical and functional managers by training on project management best practices, procedures, and processes.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 6 years of project management experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-phased, highly complex information technology projects.
- Experience leading technical implementations with cross functional diverse teams (IT and stakeholders) including vendors.
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate succinctly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Experience using project management tools such as Microsoft Project or similar.
- Experience developing and deploying project management best practices, procedures, and processes.
- PMI (Project Management Institute) certified PMP