Product Owner is more like a BA role. Personality is important and must be driven and able to get things done. Wants to see a stable work history and prefers someone with working in an agile environment.
Well funded company, revenue is doubling every year, expanding sales team. Customers are large landscaping companies. Largest market share in the market
They are moving their office to 141 and 40 in April.
Casual office, jeans are allowed. . 14 days of PTO the first year, 2nd year goes to 19. 8 paid holidays, 401K, united healthcare.
The Product Owner is responsible gathering feature requests, scheduling releases and coordinating sprints. To be successful in this role, you should be able to identify user needs and work with cross-functional teams to manage product releases.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Translate vision, features, and requirements into documented solutions, including epics, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Build shared understanding of user stories with a cross-functional teams by directly engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product Management in the development of release plans and product roadmaps.
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients to articulate and document workflows and related features.
- Facilitate solution definition and design with UX and Engineering.
- Build, maintain, prioritize and own the product development backlog.
- Support development process, including story/feature acceptance, data analysis, test data creation.
- Coordinate and partner across teams to support and evangelize product and features.
- Support development of user documentation and training materials related to product functionality.
- Assist client-facing teams with analysis and explanation of product functionality.
- Advise on client-specific configuration needs.
- Assist with investigation of client-reported and internally identified system issues to determine causes and propose solutions.
- Little to no travel expected.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or relevant field or comparable program required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of work experience in business analysis, product management or related field as well as experience in software development organization required.
- Experience as a Product Owner in Agile development environment preferred.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality products that meet customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Team Player with empathy for users, clients, team members, stakeholders, etc.
- Passionate communicator who is comfortable in front of large audiences.
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and genuinely passionate about delivering great solutions.
- Experience with Design Thinking or other UI/UX processes are a plus.
- Experience with BDD is a plus.
- Understanding of the landscape or other service industries industry is a plus.