VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Project Coordinator with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
The Excitation Systems Project Coordinator has the primary responsibility to coordinate the successful execution of excitation systems projects from pre-order inquiry through successful startup and operation of the equipment at the customer’s site.
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
- Responsible to ensure all aspects of the pre-order process (negotiations, credit approval, open technical issues, and all other commercial issues) are complete through the appropriate channels prior to order entry.
- Coordinates and takes the lead role to ensure all aspects of the excitation project are on schedule and properly managed by working with appropriate departments and customer contacts.
- Responsible for all communication to the customer for project design, timelines, status updates, and all other aspects to ensure the project ships on time and meets all customer expectations.
- Outlines and provides the necessary project schedule for milestones and deliverables for each project by working with individual departments like Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, and Purchasing.
- Coordinates special requirements with internal departments to ensure the final product is in accordance with the customer specification.
- Coordinates changes to existing orders to ensure the quote is accurate and meets the expectations of the customer and client.
- Interfaces with the customer on specific schedule changes and coordinates with the Technical and Sales Support groups to resolve unforeseen technical and commercial issues.
- Coordinates with the Field Services Coordinator regarding Field Service support and subcontracts engineering services orders including field service.
- Coordinates customer witness tests with Sales group and Manufacturing per provided guidelines.
- Monitors performance regarding technical, commercial, and schedule commitments, and provides project status reports for customers and Management per provided guidelines.
- Ensures preparation and submittal of project specific spare parts list and instruction manuals in a timely manner.
- Pursues improvement activities for the project coordination process to increase efficiency and effectiveness of its responsibilities.
- Travels as required for support of project coordination tasks or training needs.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Technical experience with electrical equipment a plus.
- Above average communications skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of people and circumstances while maintaining a friendly disposition and relationship with customers.
- Good organization skills.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.