VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Project Management and Solution Architect with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Client Corporation is hiring an Manufacturing & Engineering (M&E) Project Management and Solution Architect to be located at the Houston, TX office. This role provides leadership and direction while working with M&E IT process managers to create enterprise technology solutions that solve business problems. The function enforces enterprise technology standards, supports innovation and application roadmaps and provides solution architecture support for all of Client’s M&E systems. Working closely with the M&E process managers will be key to successful architectural designs and leadership in managing M&E projects. This role will also serve in a project oversight capacity by working closely with M&E IT process managers and bringing technical as well as project management expertise to the M&E team. Support of the M&E process managers in project execution/support will be required.
Client Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Client Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Solution Architecture
- Ensure that architectural standards are applied across the M&E landscape
- Provide technical expertise for new projects and those that integrate across M&E and non M&E systems
- Work closely with M&E process managers to develop conceptual designs for new solutions and work with enterprise architects when needed to ensure all standards and requirements are met
- Consult with domain architects on domain specific standards
- Work closely with M&E management team in developing the long-term M&E IT strategy
- Program/Project Management
- Provide leadership and standards in the entire project management process
- Provide expertise and knowledge of M&E systems
- Work closely with M&E process managers to ensure proper coordination between projects to maximize value, and provide project support where needed.
- Support M&E IT process managers in bringing forth business unit solutions based on requirements management, knowledge management, solution design, solution build/configure, and testing
- Oversee reporting and tracking of project status and escalate issues as appropriate
- Customer Relationship Management
- Respond to functional leadership on escalated issues and incidents
- Manage and reset expectations, as appropriate, for initiatives and open issues
- Communicate fixes and resolutions to the business unit for escalated issues
- Work closely with M&E manufacturing customers as part of the M&E management team
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTORS
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- Partner with M&E process manager to ensure supplier provided IT Services for M&E are delivered per the Transitional Services Addendum (TSA)
- Ensure work is in compliance with Client policies and professional standards
- Meet or exceed Client requirements relating to deadlines and attendance
- Perform other duties as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree required. Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5 years’ experience in an IT technical/project role
- Thorough understanding of business operations and processes
- High analysis capability and thorough understanding of the system development and implementation process within the M&E functional area
- Familiarity with Manufacturing IT architecture
- Designing, integrating and troubleshooting IP networks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and directed
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to work in team oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstration of analytical, mathematical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Network and PC Operating systems
- Solid understanding of layered network and security protocols including, but not limited to TCP/UDP, IP protocols
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including network design principles, data flow determination, routing, switching, VLANs, IP addressing, etc.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- EEO – Support Client’s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity and make good faith efforts to help ensure that the workplace is free from harassment and discrimination
- Approximately 10% travel required