VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
We develop a platform that connects top industry software with top accounting and operational systems as an add-on service. As a QA Engineer for a technology infrastructure that does not exist anywhere else in the market, you will drive opportunity by ensuring measurable quality is achieved through all stages of development. Working within an Agile team, you will champion a quality first mentality in all aspects of the development process. Working across our entire Product team, we expect our QA Engineers to develop understanding of the business case and apply quality techniques to ensure confidence in every feature for every release creating long-term value and ensuring our customers never have a second thought about our platform and services.
- Work within a flexible, fast-paced environment, centered around team support, collaboration, and self-governance for process administration
- Build solutions to core technical problems that do not always have a defined pattern available
- Evolve industry best practices to establish new paradigms in the delivery of technical solutions
- Be at the forefront of technology adoption, development, and delivery
- Establish and iteratively improve quality practices and environments
- Work with the entire product team to infuse quality first practices from design to delivery
- Transform the way many businesses operate by delivering automated solutions
- Ensure quality, reusability, portability, and high-performance standards are met
- Be responsible for defining test approaches, test strategies, test plans, creating test automation/scripting, expanding our current test cases and executing required tests.
- Own complete functional areas and must be able to define test strategies, as well as execute functional, non-functional, white box, integration and reliability testing for web and desktop-based applications.
- Establish and evolve formal test strategies across multiple teams and testing disciplines (e.g. functional, regression, performance, automation, etc.) ensuring high quality implementations of large, complex solutions
- Lead all testing activities to ensure quality goals are met
You will be pioneering many of the technical output we seek to create, so the faint of heart need not apply. You will need to possess an ability to communicate well, collaborate along each stage of the development lifecycle, and be nimble to evolving priorities.
We have a smart team, a unique understanding of a wide market opportunity, and a technical platform that minimizes development cost for interfacing with top accounting and operational software (often where no API exists). Great upside is both realistic and attainable.
You’re the person for this job if you have:
- Experience with C#/.NET and web services/API
- Working knowledge of SQL DBMS: MySQL, MS SQL, or other
- A keen attention to detail and a drive to perfection.
- Must like trying to break things.
- Demonstrated experience developing high quality test plans, test designs, test strategies and test execution
- Strong technical and communication skills and can contribute in a team environment.
- Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate up, down, and across the business
- A work hard, play hard mentality