Published: April 27, 2023
Sales Account Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Extensive travel by vehicle and domestic travel by plane. Travel to be 50%, occasionally up to 75%.
- Responsible for customer account activity and customer relations for a defined territory.
- Manage and maintain existing business.
- Identify and close new business opportunities.
- Drive sales in the territory to meet company defined forecasts.
- Actively seek and find new business within the territory.
- Develop business relationships within the territory. New and existing.
- Develop business relationships for long term growth.
- Actively plan and schedule appointments for daily sales calls.
- Provide lunch and learns, and training for customers as a selling technique.
- Identify and categorize all potential product opportunities for each business partner.
- Work with management to develop Pricing Programs for target customers.
- Promptly follow up on Pricing Program offers for target.
- Close business with target accounts.
- Follow up promptly on quotes in territory.
- Thoroughly fill out weekly sales reports (CRM) for weekly customer contacts.
- Attend customer and business functions as part of client support.
- Drive new sales by identifying opportunities, clients, and market forecasts specific to the territory.
- Success measured by new customer relationships.
- Territory can be adjusted.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must have the ability to secure new business opportunities, while also effectively providing expert level client-management and support to current business relationships.
- Management of new business and existing business includes providing forecasts, using reports to manage territory specific markets, providing customer feedback and pricing.
- Must be able to clearly define opportunities and act upon those opportunities to increase revenue in the territory.
- Must be able to learn and develop technical knowledge of existing & new products.
- General office computer software, particularly Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software, Excel, Teams Meeting, and use of multiple database programs.
Required Experience, Education, and Licenses
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledge of Industrial PVF Market specific to the assigned territory.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Free health and dental with a reimbursable deductible plan by company.
- 401K matching to 3.5% and profit-sharing plan.