The Security Architect secures the company’s information through architecture, engineering, and support of global cybersecurity, aligned with the Information Security Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic thinking, planning, and executing strategies for continuous improvement of the cybersecurity posture to risk appetite.
- Assist in developing the Information Security Program and building a comprehensive roadmap enabling the company’s business objectives.
- Effectively architect and design information security solutions to enable the business, meet regulatory requirements, and align to the adopted security framework.
- Partner with all security and technology contributors to conduct security evaluations, assist with security architecture, engineering, design and enhance security capabilities.
- Monitor and advise industry changes affecting information security, working proactively to help the organization understand and implement appropriate changes.
- Assist in the development and management of vulnerability assessments, security audits, forensic and legal investigations, and risk mitigation.
- Assess, test, select, implement, manage, and support security services, products, projects, and technologies necessary for execution of the cybersecurity strategy.
- Develop metrics and reporting for continuous improvement and awareness of the cybersecurity posture.
- Analyze information to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, determine the accuracy of reports, and monitor the efficiency and security of operations.
- Regularly analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements.
- Assist in security awareness, organization-wide training, protocols, procedures, and simulation testing to enforce concepts.
- Evolve risk management analysis\assessment including vendor risk management leveraging risk management frameworks.
- Contribute to Security Incident Response procedures, communications, escalations, testing, and validation.
- Mentor team members.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans. Communicate changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change. Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Initiative - Readily volunteers. Undertakes self-development activities. Takes independent action. Asks for and offers assistance whenever needed. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Seeks increased responsibilities.
- Interactions with Others - Ability to interact professionally with others, including co-workers, vendors, and customers. Must seek out and share information and develop trust and rapport with coworkers at all levels in the organization. Must be willing to work as an equal team member and just not supervise other associates.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organizations goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Sales Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea.
- Research Skills - Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses. Analyzes market and competition. Identifies external threats and opportunities. Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) or equivalent experience.
- Display of continuous professional education in Information Security required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience performing IT security related roles.
- 5 years in Information Security architecture or engineering roles.