VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Security Officer with one of our premier clients.
THIS IS A DIRECT ROLE WITH OUR CLIENT. WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
Job Description: Consultant - Security Officer
CISSP is a MUST HAVE and regulatory experience is very highly desired
Primary responsibilities are to ensure the North America systems, assets, and vendors are processed through Global Security’s risk management’s processes and procedures. The Global Security office provides company entities with a thorough set of risk management framework, procedures and policies that helps to analyse the security around systems, offices and vendors. In addition, the Security Officer (SO) will be called upon to provide oversight on several security related items – including intrusion protection and intrusion detection reports, vulnerability reports, anomaly reports and other items that must be reviewed to ensure the environment is protected.
- The SO must follow not only the policies around all assets, they must understand the complexities with cyber-security and the attack surfaces found in a global company that spans several states in the US as well as several foreign countries.
- The SO will work with the varied security tools to assist with identifying network and systems breaches, unauthorized use, fraud and internal and external threats. The SO owns and manages the area dealing with identity and access management permissions, ensure systems comply with Company International Global Security standards, and work with varied staff to ensure staff access rights are limited to the point of what is needed to complete their job assignments.
- The SO must assist with monitoring unauthorized use, approving Security requests, monitoring Security communications and take appropriate actions, deal with internal audit and external federal auditors/regulators.
- The SO must address additional activities as deemed necessary by the Local Security Officer (LSO). Primary direction and assignments will be provided by the Local Security Officer, a Regional Security Officer, and the Global Security Office (GSO).
- At times, it will be necessary to provide education and training of Security topics to the general staff or specific departments. The SO will be called upon to review internal policies and external regulatory requirements in order to stay within compliance with set rules/guidelines.
- The SO will assist with maintaining and controlling the security SharePoint site.
- College Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university,
- 10-15 years in Security or IT,
- 5 years in a financial institution in security,
- 2-4 years in a team or project lead position,
- Computer proficiency in MSWord and STRONG Excel skills required.
- Experience with regulatory agencies (FINRA, Federal Reserve, OCC, NY DFS, or similar).