Published: April 25, 2023
Sr. Application Developer
The Sr. Application Developer creates and implements application changes and is expected to stay abreast of the available technology regarding application development, information delivery, and relational database technology.
- Designs, develops, and implements end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, reports on findings, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of department’s strategic business plans.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Advanced understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, including Python, C#, and ASP.
- Basic knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with application development tools, including Visual Studio 6, Visual Studio .NET, Azure DevOps, and GIT.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with relational database technology, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment preferred.
- Proven experience in internet-based systems development.
- Previous experience with an Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning tool such as Instabase is a plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit