Senior Business Analyst IT
The Senior Business Analyst IT is responsible for working with a variety of stakeholders to design, develop, configure, test, and deploy solutions to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This position verifies the completeness of requirements and coordinates the efforts of team members and consultants to deliver projects according to plan.
- Evaluates business requests to determine feasibility; researches and identifies options that best serve business needs.
- Conducts gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborates with System Architects and developers to estimate project impact.
- Documents business requirements, technical requirements, processes, and workflows.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets complex data to identify trends or troubleshoot issues.
- In collaboration with senior management and stakeholders, establishes project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Develops project plans and associated communication documents to successfully implement solutions.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Proactively identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Defines acceptance criteria, creates use cases and performs acceptance testing for product level enhancements.
- Promotes Business Analyst team development by recommending best practices and advising junior Business Analysts within the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs into viable/acceptable solutions.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis with business stakeholders and translate into detailed process flows and functional specifications for development teams.
- Relational database experience with Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative setting.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Ability to work effectively with, and elicit cooperation from, stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a complex environment.
Training and Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or business administration with an emphasis in management information systems or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of direct work experience in a Business Analyst or similar capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.