Published: May 24, 2023
Senior Developer/Architect – Azure
To perform all activities related to the design, development, integration and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications. In addition, they provide technical leadership and guidance to their work group, and as needed, may also be expected to manage a team of Developers. Scope of responsibility includes both custom-developed applications as well as the integration and customization of commercial off-the shelf applications.
The key focus of the position is to build and maintain the line of business applications used by the company’s business areas.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Must possess a solid understanding of a broad range of Azure PaaS technologies including implementing highly secure solutions using standard Azure security controls. Among desired technology skills are Azure Kubernetes Service, API Management, virtual network security, Azure Integration Services.
- Leads and coordinates the development or integration of system/information projects from analysis through implementation. Responsible for analyzing business opportunities, defining software requirements, designing, developing, initial testing, or integrating and documenting software applications in compliance with our development standards. Trains end-users to effectively take advantage of system functionality and resources.
- Provides third-tier support to Help Desk for application support.
- Backup to operations and end-user support function.
- Demonstrates technical excellence, wide range of technical knowledge, good communication skills (written and oral), resourcefulness, creativity, initiative, and ability to quickly and effectively absorb and use new technology skills.
- Responsible to proactively keep up with and recommend technology opportunities that will contribute to the company’s success.
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understands and complies with anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Key Performance Indicators
- Processes information logically and is able to use the result in appropriate business applications to meet the requirements of the job. Handles normal and extraordinary situations well.
- Makes sound business decisions; understands and achieves business goals.
- Reliably organizes work; works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business need. Manages multiple projects simultaneously with good results.
- High level of commitment to excellent performance. Extends extra effort to ensure customers and colleagues are treated according to company Mission Statement and policies.
- Coordinates department’s effort, within department or with other groups, to achieve departmental goals.
- Represents company favorably at all times.
- Understands complex database concepts and effectively employs different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Understands OO concepts and consistently applies them in client engagements.
- Understands the benefits of the various programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures.
- Understands browser / client specific compatibility issues.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Keeps development team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Management Information Systems or Business Administration with emphasis in Information Systems or Computer Science) with a minimum of 5 years technical information systems experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working experience architecting, designing, building solutions on Azure
- Strong experience in Azure platform Services, understanding of their capabilities and limitations
- Proficient in key data architectures, and broad experience across a set of data stores , such as: Azure Data Lake Store, Azure SQL DB, Cosmos BD, etc.), messaging systems (Azure event Hub Kafka) and processing engines (Data bricks, ADF)
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques including mass application movements into the cloud
- Implementing a data platform on Azure, the required ETL (extract, transform and load) pipelines, monitoring/maintaining data pipeline performance
- Strong proficiency in all the services offered by Microsoft Azure including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Must have expert knowledge and experience in Web development. Must be able to quickly absorb and effectively use new technology.
- Experience with advanced agile practices and methodology
- Experience with Azure DevOps desired but not necessary
- Experience with integration architectures
- Understands the benefits of the various software design methodologies and object oriented environments.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to analyze simple to complex programming situations. Have a good working knowledge of interpreting numbers to effectively complete an assigned task.
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standards may exist and critical thinking is needed for effective resolutions.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit