VantageLinks is a dedicated Information Technology (IT) staffing company supporting our clients with all their IT Needs. We currently have an opening for a Senior QA Analyst, AURA with one of our premier clients.
WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT H1B CANDIDATES AND PLEASE NO STAFFING AGENCIES.
- Assist the Executive Director, Business Architecture in managing the Quality Assurance process.
- Participate in the creation of and/or review requirements and detail design documentation in any form to understand system features and begin necessary test scripting.
- Maintain QA and BA software tools.
- Interact with Business Analysts; Users, designers and developers to further understand the system and/or resolve system defects.
- Develop test plans, test cases and test scripts utilizing appropriate toolset to cover system functionality as completely as possible.
- Ensure personal and QA Analyst’s test scripts adhere to approved scripting standards and guidelines.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Develop various reports to support testing and QA processes.
- Analyze and report on defects utilizing appropriate defect tracking software.
- Manage test data by setup and maintaining data driven tests.
- Establish and implement automated testing processes for application, performance, load, user-interface, object, regression and data quality.
- Adhere to approved Change Management processes for the recording and resolution of application defects.
- Assist the Executive Director, Business Architecture in researching and recommending appropriate testing tools for use with the BA, QA team and to developers.
- Report progress to Executive Director, Business Architecture.
- Mentor and teach as appropriate, other BA and QA Analysts in the use of approved tools and procedures.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree
- Quality Assurance Certification
- LOMA Certification
- ARA Designation
Experience and Skills
- 5-8 years of quality assurance and testing of medium (6-8 months) to large (12+ months) size IT web-based software projects
- 2 years of IT testing tools experience
- 1 year knowledge and understanding of Total Quality Management, Software Quality Analyst or Test Engineer best-practices, or working towards certification in these areas.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/ team projects
- Ability to balance details within departmental goals/ objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/ accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Ability to liase with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Competent project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills with ability to obtain most favorable and cost effective solutions.
- Complex analytical and problem solving skills
- Broad business and finance related knowledge.
- Ability to work independently and coordinate activities within a team
- 2+ years of Total Quality Management experience
- 3+ years using Rational Testing Suite