Assist the Director of AURA Implementations with the management of the Quality Assurance process. The Senior QA Analyst helps to ensure that high-quality applications testing methods are developed and adhered to by the IT department. They are responsible for ensuring that the correct technical solutions are being utilized by the Quality Assurance Analyst team. The Senior QA Analyst is expected to recommend tools, technical solutions and QA process improvements.
- SOAP UI Pro (Automation/Data Driven)
- Agile Experience
- Independent Worker
- Good Communication
- Assist the Director of AURA Implementations in managing the Quality Assurance process.
- Participate in the creation of and/or review requirements and detail design documentation in any form to understand system features and begin necessary test scripting.
- Interact with Business Analysts, users, designers and developers to further understand the system and/or resolve system defects.
- Develop test plans, test cases and test scripts utilizing appropriate toolset to cover system functionality as completely as possible.
- Ensure personal and QA Analyst’s test scripts adhere to approved scripting standards and guidelines.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Develop various reports to support testing and QA processes.
- Analyze and report on defects utilizing appropriate defect tracking software.
- Manage test data by implementing and maintaining data driven tests.
- Establish and implement automated testing processes for application, performance, load, user-interface, object, regression and data quality.
- Adhere to approved Change Management processes for the recording and resolution of application defects.
- Assist the Director of AURA Implementations in researching and recommending appropriate testing tools.
- Report progress to Director of AURA Implementations.
- Mentor and teach, as appropriate, other BA and QA Analysts in the use of approved tools and procedures.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree or equivalent
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related degree
- Quality Assurance Certification
- LOMA Certification
- ARA Designation
- 5-8 years of quality assurance and testing of medium (6-8 months) to large (12+ months) size IT web-based software projects
- 2 years of IT testing tools experience
- 1-year knowledge and understanding of Total Quality Management, Software Quality Analyst or Test Engineer best-practices, or working towards certification in these areas.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Advanced investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients and projects simultaneously; Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to balance details within departmental goals/objectives
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems into viable/accepted solutions
- Advanced skills in customer relationship management and change management
- Ability to manage multiple projects or teams and set applicable goals
- Ability to liase with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Competent project management skills
- Advanced negotiation skills with ability to obtain most favorable and cost-effective solutions
- Complex analytical and problem-solving skills
- Broad business and finance related knowledge
- Ability to work independently and coordinate activities within a team
- 2+ years of Total Quality Management experience
- 3+ years using ReadyAPI or a similar product