The Senior Security Engineer is responsible for the engineering, development, and ongoing support of Client’s network security solutions. This role is also responsible for the ongoing improvement of the client’s information security systems through support of the information security and enterprise architecture program. The Sr. Security Engineer will provide support for evaluation and selection of systems, ensure that new systems are integrated into Client’s existing security systems, vulnerability scanning, and network monitoring solutions.
- Network security design/engineering - firewalls, IPS, traffic rules, routing.
- Design, implement and maintain network security solutions (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy).
- Assist IT Network and Infrastructure Teams in troubleshooting network connectivity, capacity, application, and service issues.
- Review new technologies to determine compliance with security standards.
- Verify delivered technical solutions against previously approved security architecture specifications and change requests.
- Keep current with advancements in information security technologies, including application to process control environments.
- Keep current on latest security vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining other security tools such as vulnerability management, endpoint security, cloud security, email security and privileged access management.
Solution Delivery Support
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to solution delivery and Infrastructure and Operations associates regarding security matters.
- Assess and propose solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined security standards.
- Perform technical risk assessments to provide direction on investments.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant cybersecurity and/or IT experience OR Associate degree with a minimum of 6-7 years relevant cybersecurity and/or IT experience.
- CISSP, TOGAF, CCNA, or other similar certifications strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of IT security principles, best practices and a strong understanding of data networks required.
- Proficient in managing network security vendor products such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Fortinet required.
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) is preferred.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining (B2B) solutions and (STS) VPNs preferred.
- Experience using network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, PRTG, Spectrum preferred.
- Proficient in analyzing network packets and protocols using tools such as Wireshark preferred.
- Experience in maintaining Linux/Unix systems preferred.
- Experience using SIEM technology preferred.
- Broad knowledge of IT business and application landscape.
- Familiarity with relevant industry frameworks, standards, and associated compliance regulations, such as CIS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, COBIT, ITIL, and applicable laws related to information security and privacy (e.g., ITAR, DFARS, GDPR, SOX, CFATS) preferred.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives.
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization.
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes.