Field Service Technician
Position completes wiring for installation of new industrial controls.
This position is based in Littleton, CO. This position requires 50% to 65% travel throughout the US to various sites to complete installation work for excitation systems upgrades. We are looking for an experienced technician for the wiring of new industrial excitation systems. The ideal candidate would be an electrician with trade or vocational training. Some industrial experience is required, utility, or power plant experience helpful.
Must be willing to learn about power generation and various types of steam, gas, diesel, and hydro generator controls. Excellent opportunity for advancement.
- Assist project engineer with in-office engineering design.
- Responsible for field service installation and checkout.
- Assist project engineer with startup and commission.
- Work with engineering staff to develop installation task lists and designs.
- Facilitate mobilization, demolition, and installation activities including equipment and tool shipping, scheduling, and supervision of craft labor on site.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Electrician with trade or vocational training.
- Industrial experience required.
- Utility/power plant experience helpful.
- Must have understanding of and ability to implement electrical, connection drawings, interconnection drawings, and schematics.
- Willing to learn about power generation and various types of steam, gas, diesel, and hydro generator controls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed.
- Travel as required for training, support of project tasks, product issues, or other design or job related needs.
- Frequent long periods of standing or sitting.
- Frequent bending and stooping.
- Lifting and carrying average to heavy weight (10-50 lbs.) materials or objects.
- Occasional pushing and pulling of materials or objects.
- Hand/finger dexterity and coordination.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- AD&D Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance