The Software Architect will be an important and influential member of the IT Development Team. This person will need superior expertise gained from extensive experience and industry research of best practices within application design, coding, database, and architecture. This position will contribute to a team project predominately focusing on architecture and development. You will work with a team typically in an Agile methodology completing various development and coding initiatives.
Skills and experience
- College Degree in Computer Science is preferred, 10+ years IT experience, with at least 8 years of application development experience.
- At least 5 years of development experience in .NET (especially C# and ASP.NET).
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented design principles.
- Extensive experience with WCF, developing web services in the .NET environment, service-oriented architecture, and multi-tier software design and development.
- Experience with responsive design and designing applications for mobile devices required.
- Experience with SPA frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Extensive experience doing data modeling, writing SQL queries, and working with databases (SQL Server, DB2, etc.) required.
- Experience working as an architect and delivering successful projects in an agile environment is required.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies, and involvement in the complete product development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, science, or engineering required.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to coach more junior staff members.
- Experience with developing SOA and/or Microservices.
- Experience with CI/CD and test automation.
- Knowledge of secure coding standards.
- B2B and B2C ecommerce experience.
- Experience interfacing with corporate ERP systems for order entry or inventory management.
- Experience working in retail or consumer products industry.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) Company or Facility background check and drug screening.