The Software Engineer is responsible for building high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Software Engineer will actively work with the internal development team in an Agile environment to gather user requirements, define system functionality and write code.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate in the company’s Scrum process according to the Agile Manifesto and best practices.
- Participate in the design key software components using object-oriented techniques.
- Code and debug software components for all layers of the company’s stack.
- Develop detailed unit tests for all your code.
- Participate in code reviews, document, and follow-up on issues.
- No Travel expected.
- This position is based at the home office in St. Louis and is not remote.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in software engineering roles or equivalent academic or internship experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in an engineering role for a software or SaaS company preferred but not required.
- Must have experience and/or exposure to the following:
- C#, .Net, WebAPI
- SQL Databases
- REST, JSON Services
- Design Patterns
- OO Design
Preferred but not required skills include:
- Angular (version 4 or latter)
- Automated Unit Testing (MSTest, nUnit)
- Mobile Development