The Solutions Architect designs, develops, implements, and oversees the operation of multiple applications within the company on multiple platforms. Provides technical leadership and consulting to team members and peers, including development and refinement of standards and participates or leads code and design reviews.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of the strategic business plans of the department and respective business unit.
- Provides architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, systems engineers, and other systems architects.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture, infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces a technology standards policy.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommends technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Designs, develops, and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, reports on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Provides guidance to junior members of the team.
- Organizes and participates in reviews over code and design.
- Stays abreast of available technology regarding web and Windows development, information delivery, and relational database technology.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Advanced level of understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Advanced technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages within respective division.
- Advanced knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced level of written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced level of interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Minimum Level of Preparation and Training Required
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- 5+ years of experience in window and/or web-based systems design and development.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with application development tools, including Visual Studio .NET.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with relational database technology, preferably MS SQL Server.