*This position is 2 days in office in Columbus, OH and 3 days wfh.*
Sr. Application Developer
The Sr. Application Developer develops and implements application changes and is expected to stay abreast of the available technology regarding application development, information delivery, and relational database technology.
- Designs, develops, and implements end-to-end integrated systems.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance, reports on findings, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of department’s strategic business plans.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure and technology portfolio.
- Conducts research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced understanding of information processing principles and practices.
- Intermediate technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including current Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop releases.
- Advanced knowledge of OOP design and patterns, Core, Web, and MVC, Micro Services Architecture.
- Basic knowledge of DevOps and Agile practices, and applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Familiarity with cloud services (Azure preferred).
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience working as a developer.
- 5+ years of experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with application development tools, including modern C#, Visual Studio, and SQL.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with relational database technology, preferably Microsoft SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment preferred.
- Proven experience in internet-based systems development.
- Experience developing and deploying custom applications to cloud providers, preferably Azure.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - Medical and Child Care expenses
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Leave Allowance
- Training Reimbursements
- Direct Deposit