Senior Business Analyst
The Sr. Business Analyst will work with a growing IT team on innovative and leading-edge technologies related to the delivery and playback of Hollywood content. Focusing on custom software development and business process improvements, this individual will work on multiple projects simultaneously in an agile/iterative environment. Interacting with all levels of management, this individual will act as a liaison between non-technical business stakeholders and technology teams.
- Primary responsibility to elicit, analyze, document, validate, communicate, and manage the needs of project stakeholders.
- Elicit business needs from subject matter experts, analyze those needs to design potential solutions, present those proposals to stakeholders, and drive internal discussions to reach consensus for the best solution.
- Document and communicate solutions in a way that Business, Development, and Quality Assurance teams can easily understand and execute on, as well as manage any subsequent changes until that project reaches completion.
- Work closely with project managers on the development of project scope. For projects that do not have a project manager, the senior business analyst will be responsible for basic project management needs such as defining scope and objectives, developing timelines, managing deliverables, and communicating status.
- Collaborate with Development and Quality Assurance teams on designing software development proposals, effectively transitioning requirements for approved solutions, and addressing questions that arise during the implementation and testing of those requirements.
- Interpersonal skills to negotiate priorities, resolve conflicts, and collaborate with both business and IT peers.
- Interview skills to ask the proper questions for gathering essential requirements and listen attentively to their feedback.
- Analytical skills to critically evaluate gathered information, discern wants from true needs, and distinguish solutions from requirements.
- System skills to see the big picture as well as interactions between people, processes, and technology within your environment.
- Leadership skills to promote a collaborative working environment and motivate others towards a common goal.
- Communication skills to effectively share ideas and requirements with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creativity skills to be flexible and think outside the box when solving problems.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, ensure quality deliverables, and cope with rapidly changing information.
- Experience collaborating with Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance personnel on software development projects.
- Detailed expertise using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel a must; familiarity with Atlassian Jira and Confluence, preferred but not required.
- Familiarity managing requirements for multiple technical platforms, including web-based technologies and server-client applications.
- Familiarity working on both internal corporate projects as well as external customer projects.
- 5 to 10 years of experience executing business analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field, required.
- Must have strong experience working in a SLDC/Agile environment.
- Deep understanding of best practices for eliciting, analyzing, documenting, validating, and managing requirements, along with knowing when to apply them.
- Managing requirements for custom software development.
- Experience with all stages of the software development lifecycle in an agile/iterative environment.
- Experience facilitating meetings with both business and IT stakeholders from any level within the organization.
- Experience eliciting requirements via one-on-one interviews, group meetings, job shadowing, brainstorming sessions, process analysis, and other methods as needed.
- Experience analyzing business needs, with the ability to differentiate business process improvements from software development solutions.
- Experience representing requirements via use cases, user stories, flowcharts, wireframes, swimlane diagrams, traceability matrices, and other models as needed.
- Experience developing project proposals, organizing project estimates and timelines, and seeking project approval from senior management.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401k & Matching
- Paid Holidays and Winter Holiday Break
- Personal Time
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Parental and Adoption Leave